Applesauce Muffins made with Greek yogurt, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon and applesauce are a healthy way to start your morning.
Muffin Liners! Who needs them when you have parchment paper? You can cut your parchment paper into 5 inch by 5 inch squares and use it has your liners. If you have time you can shape them around a spice jar or a can that fits in your muffin pan. If you are in a hurry like I was when making these Applesauce muffins. You can add your batter on top of the liner and shape the liners as you go. Even a few days later, these applesauce muffins taste great – they have been my grab and go breakfast all week.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup cranberries or nuts
- Prep the ingredients: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with parchment paper or liners or grease the cups. Set aside for later.
- Make the Applesauce Muffins: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients above to make the muffin mix. Distribute the muffin batter evenly between the pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Before removing from the oven, insert a toothpick in the center and make sure it comes out free of batter.
- Cool and Serve: Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media