Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole made with farfalle pasta, ham, bacon and a creamy swiss cheese sauce.
This cheesy creamy pasta is the perfect dish for when you want a sauce that isn’t alfredo. It will be great for the next potluck or family gathering.
- ½ cup ham
- ½ cup crumbled Bacon
- 5 cups cooked faralle pasta
- 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 egg with a pinch of salt
- ¼ + 3 tablespoons cup Italian Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil for frying
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1½ cup shredded swiss cheese
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- Prep the ingredients: Grate the swiss cheese. Heat a pot of water and cook the farfalle pasta per the instructions on the box. Cook the bacon in a 12-inch frying pan. While the bacon is cooking, coat the chicken breast with egg and dredge through the mixture of ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Fry the chicken breast on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the bacon and chicken on a paper towel to drain the excess grease. Once cooled, crumble the bacon and slice the chicken breast. Slice your ham into bite size pieces.
- Prepare the Sauce: In the same pot you cooked the pasta, melt the butter and garlic and stir the flour to form a Roux. You will only want the Roux to cook for a few minutes so that it is a pale yellow. Add the milk and continue to stir constantly. Add the onion powder, cream cheese and swiss and stir till thoroughly mixed. Reduce the heat to low.
- Bake the Chicken Cordon Bleu: Mix the ham, bacon, cooked chicken, farfalle pasta and sauce. Place the mixture in a baking dish and top with 3 tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, then serve.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!