Baked Crème Brûlée French Toast made with Challah bread, orange juice and zest, and Grand Marnier. A Perfect Brunch Recipe!
This french toast with creme brulee flavor is magic in a pan! However, the next time I make the recipe- I will add more milk and cream to see if I can make the bread have a hint of custard texture. If I have success with tweaking the recipe, I will update the post later and let everyone know how it works out. Until then, enjoy this Creme Brulee French Toast.
- 5 cups cubed Challah Bread
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- ½ cup cranberries
- Prep your ingredients: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash, zest and juice your orange. Cut the Challah bread into cubes.
- Make your Crème Brûlée French Toast: Place your cubed Challah bread evenly in a baking dish and top the bread with cranberries. Mix the milk, cream, eggs, sugar, butter, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and Grand Marnier and pour over the bread. Let it sit for 20 minutes or you can make the night before and bake the next morning.
- Bake: Bake for 35-40 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees. Serve with maple syrup or honey.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media