Easy Arroz Con Pollo is a Latin American chicken and rice dish with olives, capers, garlic, and Sazón with Azafrán.
Chicken with Rice is also known as Arroz Con Pollo. One of my friends from college, her mom is from Panama. We all looked forward to when she would invite us over for dinner. She would make Chicken with Rice because it was our favorite dish. We would joke about who got to take the leftovers. Here is my attempt at replicating the Arroz con Pollo she made.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon adobo with pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion, about ½ onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, 2 cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 packets Sazon Goya with Azafran
- ¼ cup sliced pimento stuffed green olives
- ¼ cup chopped olives
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ cup peas
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice
- Prep the ingredients: Wash, thinly slice and chop the red pepper. Finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Cook the Arroz con Pollo: In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes. Cool the chicken and cut into small pieces. In a pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil added the yellow onion, red pepper, garlic and stir until the onion has become golden brown. Add three cups of chicken broth, tomato paste, Sazon Goya, sliced pimento stuffed green olives, chopped olives, capers, peas and cooked chicken. Stir well then add the rice. Cover the pot with well fitted lid and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Serve: Once the Arroz con Pollo has cooked, stir and fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!