Easy Peach Cobbler with oatmeal, fresh peaches, lemon zest, brown sugar, and Greek yogurt. This might be the best peach cobbler I ever tried.
While this peach cobbler batter has a few more ingredients than my grandmother’s recipe. Her easy peach cobbler recipe was a stick of butter, a cup of milk, a cup of flour and a cup of sugar. That recipe was simple and tasty but oh my, a whole stick of butter! I wanted to attempt to reduce the amount of butter and replace it with Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3-4 Fresh Peaches, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar for top
- Prep the ingredients: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice the peaches. Zest and juice your lemon. Melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Make the Peach Cobbler: In a bowl, mix your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, rolled oatmeal, and brown sugar. Pour in your milk and add your Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Mix thoroughly and pour into your cast iron pan. Layer the sliced peaches on top of the batter. Sprinkle the top with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar evenly.
- Bake: Bake the peach cobbler for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. After 35 minutes, if the cobbler is fully baked, but the top is not golden brown, turn the boiler on for 1 minute. Pay close attention not to burn the top. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!