Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins made with poppy seeds, fresh lemon juice and zest. These lightly sweetened muffins are great for breakfast or a snack.
Are you ever in the grocery store and forget which aisle an item is located on? That happened to me when I was buying poppy seeds to make these muffins. For some reason, I was convinced they were in the baking aisle with the flour and nuts. I looked and looked before remembering they are in the spice isle. At least this time I remember before wandering about the grocery store aimlessly.
- 2 cups all purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar for the top of muffins
- Prep the ingredients: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, zest, and juice one lemon. Melt the butter in the microwave for thirty seconds.
- Mix the batter: In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and poppy seeds. In another bowl, mix the eggs, Greek yogurt, melted, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Pour the liquid bowl into the dry bowl and stir till thoroughly mixed. Spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins: Sprinkle the top of the muffins with raw sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!