Quick and Easy Lo Mein Noodles with mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, carrots and a ginger-mint sauce. A great starter recipe to add chicken, shrimp, or beef.
There are some days when you want to have a quick dinner and a glass of wine after work. These Lo Mien Noodles are quick and easy and ready in under 15 minutes. It is perfect for those Friday nights when you want takeout.
The recipe below is a great starter recipe for when you want chicken or beef lo mien. If you add meat to the recipe, cook the meat first in the pan and then set aside to add back in when you add the sauce.
- 8 oz Wide Lo Mein Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup mint, torn in small piece
Garnish with scallions
- Prep the ingredients: Bring the water to a boil in a pot to cook the lo mein noodles. Cook the pasta per directions on the package. Wash and dry the produce. Chop the asparagus, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms into bite size pieces. Combine the 1 tablespoon sesame oil, hoisin, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce and mix.
- Cook the Lo Mien Noodles: Heat the one teaspoon of vegetable oil in a wok. Saute the vegetables for 10 minutes on medium high heat till the vegetables are cooked. Drain the Lo Mien noodles from the water and add to the wok. Reduce the heat to low, add the sauce and mint and toss till everything is well blended.
- Garnish and Serve: Top the Lo Mein with scallions. Serve and enjoy.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media