Baja-inspired Sesame Ginger Shrimp Tacos with a hint of lime, red cabbage, red pepper, and a Sriracha Cream Sauce.
During the week after work, I don’t desire to cook. It is a great deal easier to eat a quick salad or sandwich. For me the kitchen is a fun place for my free time on the weekends to experiment with recipes. I end up spending a ridiculous amount of time in the kitchen zesting limes, making sauces from scratch, and trying out different types of condiments for one dish. So when Simply Organic contacted me last month to try their new parchment kits, I was excited to see if I could make a steamed dinner in under 30 minutes on a weeknight.
With Steam Gourmet, there’s no need to marinate or add oils/fats. Each kit comes with 2 packages of a carefully crafted seasoning blend, plus 2 parchment bags. Simply season your main dish, seal it in the parchment bag, steam and enjoy! Each kit makes 2 complete meals that serve 4.
- 1 julienne red pepper
- 20-25 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 Simply Organic Sesame Ginger Steam Gourmet Kit
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Queso Fresco cheese
- 4 flour or corn soft taco shells
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- Prep the ingredients:Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pepper lengthwise on all four sides so you end up with four pieces. Cut the pepper into thin long strips. Open one Simply Organic Sesame Ginger season packet, and evenly sprinkle half the seasoning over the pepper and half over the shrimp.
- Cook the Shrimp Tacos: Place the parchment bag seam side up, on a baking sheet and add the red pepper, then shrimp. Pour 2 tablespoons of lime juice over the top of the shrimp. Fold the open part of the bag under twice. Bake for 15 minutes. While the shrimp is baking, slice your red cabbage into thin strips. In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce. Warm the soft tacos.
- Layer the Shrimp Tacos:Remove the parchment bag from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before opening. Using your kitchen scissors, cut the bag open along the seam. Layer the tacos with red cabbage and red pepper, shrimp, Sriracha cream, and Queso Fresco cheese. Serve with extra sliced limes.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!