Easy Strawberry Cobbler made with fresh strawberries, lemon zest, brown sugar, and Greek yogurt.
I am so excited because it is time for fresh Spring Strawberries. There is a local strawberry and blueberry farm where I can pick my own fruit. I love when they open because I can have fresh local strawberries and also some of their homemade strawberry ice cream. This cobbler is an easy and quick dessert.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Prep the ingredients: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash and slice the strawberries. Zest and juice the lemon. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Make the Strawberry Cobbler: In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Mix in the milk, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Pour ½ cup batter into four 10-inch ramekins. Layer the sliced strawberries on top of the batter. Spoon some more batter on top of the strawberries.
- Bake: Bake the strawberry cobbler for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. After 40 minutes, if the cobbler is fully baked, but the top is not golden brown, turn the boiler on for 1 minute. Pay close attention not to burn the top. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!