Cold Thai peanut noodle salad made with soba noodles, red pepper, broccoli slaw and topped with a creamy coconut peanut sauce.
If you are a fan of peanut noodles, like me. You will love this dish. There are so many flavors packed into this salad. In one bite you can taste the peanut butter, the lime and the coconut. Now lemme get this straight.. You put de lime in de coconut, you drank ’em bot’ up….You put de lime in de coconut, you drank ’em bot’ up… I will be singing that song to myself for the next few hours. Excuse me for going off on a tangent, but the best part of this recipe is the lime and coconut milk. The coconut milk makes the sauce creamy and rich. The lime gives it a hint of that Thai taste. While you can serve this dish warm, I prefer it cold.
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon red chili paste
- 9oz soba noodles
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- Garnishes: peanuts and green onions
- Bring the water to a boil in a sauce pot for the Soba Noodles. While the water is heating, stir the first ten ingredients (peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, lime juice and zest, coconut milk, and chili paste) together in a bowl and set aside. Wash and cut the red pepper into long thin strips.
- Cook the soba noodles per the directions on the package. Once cooked, rinse in cold water.
- Mix the sauce, soba noodles, red pepper and broccoli slaw together,
- If you want to serve cold, let the salad chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Garnish with extra peanuts and green onions.
You can use your own Homemade Peanut Butter for this recipe.