Waldorf Salad with yogurt, honey, pear, apples, and cranberries makes a great update to the classic Waldorf Salad.
Classic Waldorf Salad was created at the Waldorf Hotel in New York City and contained mayonnaise. During the holidays, my mom made a Waldorf Salad with mayonnaise. The mayonnaise in the salad was not a huge hit. There were a lot of scrunched-up noses and eyes around the table. I decided to update the recipe using Greek yogurt, which still provides that creamy dressing. The honey gives a hint of sweetness. This is my favorite recipe that I have shared on this blog so far, I have made it four times already in the last month. It is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For lunch and dinner, you can add some cold cooked chicken.
- 1 cup chopped pear
- ½ cup chopped candied walnuts
- ½ cup seedless red grapes
- ½ cup celery
- 1 cup chopped Honeycrisp apple
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Garnish: Gorgonzola cheese
- Prep the ingredients: Wash and chop the pear and apple. Coat the chopped fruit in one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Make yogurt dressing: Combine the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon zest, and the rest of the lemon juice. Toss all the fruit, celery and nuts in large bowl with the dressing.
- Chill the Waldorf Salad: Chill the salad for 2 hours. When you are ready to eat, top with Gorgonzola Cheese.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media.