Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins made with fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt and whole wheat flour and topped with an almond sugar streusel.
You might have noticed I have a slight obsession with blueberries. Here is another recipe I made featuring blueberries: Blueberry Scones.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blueberries
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prep the ingredients: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash the blueberries and set aside to dry. Melt the butter.
- Mix the batter: In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In another small bowl, mix the eggs, Greek yogurt, melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Pour the liquid bowl into the dry bowl and stir a few times till thoroughly mixed. Add in the blueberries and stir once more. Spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake the Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins: Sprinkle the top of the muffins with raw sugar. Bake at 425ºF for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Don’t miss a post! Follow along with social media!